This is another recipe from our collaboration with Hana from Nirvana Cakery. For this recipe Hana combined blackberries with chocolate and thyme to create a Chocolate, Blackberry and Thyme Ice Cream Cake. Chocolate and blackberries are such a wonderful combination plus that little hint of thyme makes it even more delicious.
100g Amore di Mona bulk chocolate (2 cubes) or dark vegan chocolate (3.5oz)
3 bananas, frozen
1-2tbsp rice milk
1tbsp maple syrup
2tbsp raw cacao powder
150g blackberries (1 cup)
1tbsp maple syrup
3 sprigs of thyme
1. Peel and chop the bananas, place into an airtight container and freeze overnight.
2. Have 6" round cake tin with removable base ready.
3. Chop the chocolate and gently melt in double boiler. Leave to cool down.
4. Place frozen banana pieces into high speed blender or food processor and blend until you've achieved creamy ice cream consistency. If needed add 1-2tbsp of rice milk for easier blending. You might have to stop and scrape the sides few times. Add melted dark chocolate, maple syrup and blend again. Finally add cacao powder. Blend until all incorporated.
5. Scoop the mixture into the tin and smooth out the top.
6. Blend the blackberries and maple syrup until smooth. Mix in thyme from about 3 sprigs and spoon on top of the chocolate layer. Give it a little swirl to mix in some of the sauce with the chocolate layer, but to still have some left on top. Sprinkle with extra thyme if you like.
7. Cover with parchment paper and plastic wrap and place into a freezer until set, at least 4 hours. You don't want it completely frozen, but set enough to hold the shape when removed from the tin.
8. Once set carefully remove from the tin.
9. Place onto a cake stand and decorate with some fresh blackberries and thyme if you like.
10. Serve and enjoy!