Apple Tarte Tatin - Vegan & Gluten Free
This Apple Tarte Tatin is another recipe in our series of traditional desserts made Vegan and Common Allergen Free.
The Tarte Tatin was an original creation of the Tatin Sisters, Stephanie and Caroline who ran the Hotel Tatin in Lamotte Beuvron, France in the 1880s.
Our Apple Tarte Tatin has thinly sliced baked apples sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar in a gluten free chocolate sable dough crust.
Chocolate Sable Dough
88g Tapioca Starch
109g Banana Flour
120g Potato Starch
140g Cocoa Powder
180g Safflower Oil
250g Confectioners Sugar
252g Brown Rice Flour
6 Apples, peeled
Cinnamon to taste
Sugar to taste
1. Preheat Oven to 350F
2. Add dry ingredients to a bowl
3. Whisk together
4. Add safflower oil and applesauce
5. Mix until soft dough forms
6.Wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer for 20 minutes
7. Roll out dough to 1/8" thick, on a sheet of plastic wrap.
8. Transfer to pie pan
9. Peel and slice apples thinly
10. Arrange apple slices in pie pan
11. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar as desired
12. Bake for 30 minutes